Nail Primer is a manicure product applied to natural unpolished fingernails prior to applying colored polish or artificial enhancements. It works as both cleaning agents and adhesives. Many formulas are acid-based and, therefore, must be used carefully to avoid chemical burns and irritation, but newer ones contain a higher percentage of solvents or have no acid at all (see our Non Acid Primer), reducing risks. Usually produced and sold as liquids, they normally go on easily with a brush and are a staple in both salon and home manicures.
Use in a well ventilated area.
First Aid: If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. Give two glasses of water or milk and call a doctor or Poisons Information Centre.